Find your name for Cameroon GCE results 2020 PDF, results of successful candidates in order of merits at the GCE Ordinary Level O/L, Advanced Level A/L, Intermediate Technical Certificate ITC and Advanced Technical Certificate ATC. The have been lots of celebrations in some neighborhoods as well as languishing in others. Congratulations to all the students who made it and courage to those who failed for there is no better time to begin preparation again than now.
The Cameroon GCE results 2020 PDF is being published on our website for all centers and passed subjects showed with all grades. The written face of the examination took place between the July and August 2020 as opposed to the usual June to July, marking started on the 8th of September and ended on the 16th of September 2020.
The GCE ITC and ATC are written for the first time and has come to replace the CAP/OL Technical and BACC/AL Technical respectively.
After the end of each session of the examination, the GCE board issues letters to examiners to come assist in the marking process for which a motivation is giving at the end of the exercise.
It was really a difficult academic year 2019/2020 as a result of the ongoing Anglophone crisis (particularly in the NW and SW) and the devastation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic that let to the halt of the academic year for over three (3) months.
Due to the encouragement from the minister of secondary education and the commitment of the educational staff, the school year ended successfully though late but thank God the Cameroon GCE results 2020 PDF are finally out.
Passed Grading System for Cameroon GCE Results 2020 PDF
The grading system for the Cameroon GCE results 2020 is different both at the ordinary and advanced level OR ITC and ATC.
Passed Grades at the O/L and ITC ranges from A to C with A being the highest with a three points score and C being the lowest with a one point score.
Passed Grades at the A/L and ATC ranges from A to E, with A being the highest with a 5 points score and E being the lowest with a 1 point score.
N.B: The marks range allocated for each grade is done after serious deliberation by examiners, based on the general performance in individual subjects.
Maximum and minimum number of papers allowed to be written by candidates at the Cameroon GCE Examination 2020
- Ordinary Level General: Students are allowed to write a maximum of 11 papers and a minimum of 6 papers with English Language, Mathematics and French being compulsory.
- Advanced Level General: Candidates are allowed to write maximum of 5 papers and a minimum of 2 papers.
- Intermediate Technical Certificates: Candidates are allowed to write a maximum of 11 papers and a minimum of 9 papers
- Advanced Technical Certificate: Candidates are allowed to write a maximum of 8 papers and a minimum of 6 papers.
Number of papers considered as a Pass at the Cameroon GCE Results 2020
The number of papers considered to be a pass at the Cameroon GCE Results 2020 varies with respect of type of institution (General or Technical) and the Level of studies. Note that the GCE ITC and ATC have come to replace the then GCE O/L Technical and GCE A/L Technical.
- O/L General: Passed at this level which after five years of studies is 4 papers minimum.
- A/L General: Passed at this level is a minimum of 2 papers
- ITC (Replaces O/L Technical): Passed at this level is a minimum of 5 papers.
- ATC (Replaces A/L Technical) : Passed at this level is a minimum of 4 papers.